A SMILE IS ONE OF THE MOST powerful tools you can have in life. Just in case you need some convincing of that fact, consider this:
1. Your body and your emotions are connected. We often think of how positive emotions can trigger a smile, but it can work the other way around too: a smile can trigger positive emotions. It can even help your body deal better with stress and pain!
2. Smiles build relationships. Whether these are with neighbors, co-workers, acquaintances, or those in your family, a smile strengthens our connections with each other, which leads to greater success and happiness.
3. Practice makes perfect. When you smile more, you foster happiness and gratitude. Pretty soon, it can become a habit to think positively about yourself, and the world around you. One day, you may even be as powerfully positive as this little girl:
Shake The Winter Blues By Practicing A Smile-Attitude
Alright, the benefits are clear. But if you’re finding yourself wrestling with the winter blues, how can you work on really unleashing the power of your smile? Here are some tips:
- Take note of when you smile for real, and seek out those opportunities.
- Make it a goal to replace every half-smile you give out of politeness with a genuine smile by thinking happy thoughts whenever you smile.
- Never hide a smile. Life’s too short to skip the things that make you happy. So smile, and laugh, proudly. Invite people to share in your happiness.
Some Other Tips For Positive Thinking:
Take Good Care Of Your Smile
We believe a smile should always be something to be proud of. If you’re feeling self-conscious, or physically uncomfortable, the team at Foster Dental Care can help! It’s what we do.